Usually when I travel I leave meals I've prepared beforehand in the frig for UberGeek to take out, pop in the oven, and heat according to the directions printed on their lids. Unfortunately, I have been relying on frozen vegetables for the sides. You know the kind I'm talking about, they come in a giant plastic bag at your local Costco. UberGeek has grown wary of this and recently asked for a vegetable tutorial. In addition to teaching him to steam fresh veggies I decided to ask friends to send me their favorite baked vegetable recipes. Hill Pal sent me this really awesome one for baked cauliflower. I doubled it and spread it out in three dishes, ate one and froze two for UberGeek later. It's FANTASTIC!
Hill Pal’s Baked Cauliflower with Cheese and Garlic
1 head cauliflower
2 cups Monterey jack cheese shredded
¼ c. grated Parmesan cheese
¼ c. milk
¼ c. plain yogurt
garlic powder, salt, black pepper
1. Wash, rinse and break cauliflower into florets
2. Toss cauli with jack and Parmesan cheeses
3. In small bowl mix together milk, yogurt and ½ tsp garlic powder, add salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Pour milk mixture over the top of cauli
5. Place all in an 8x8 Pyrex sprayed with nonstick spray, cover and cook at 375 for 35-40 min.
Tips: If you are not calorie conscious you may use heavy cream instead of the milk mixed with plain yogurt, I found the milk yogurt mix delicious though. Also, stirring the dish about halfway through helped coat the cauli with sauce and cheese. If you would like your dish to have a browned, roasted look, remove the lid about ten minutes before it is finished cooking.